Clinical Applications Manager
- Position ID #: CAM040619US
- Location: Various Major Cities
- Required Education: Associate's Degree
- Salary Range: $125,000 - $150,000
- Required Experience: Five Years
- Commission Range: N/A
- Other: Expenses, Benefits, Equity
- Required Travel: 50%
- Relocation: N/A
A “startup” manufacturer of surgical devices (disposable instruments) seeks a Clinical Applications Manager (CAM) to facilitate clinical adoption in target markets by cultivating deep relationships with customers and clinical institutions. The individual in this position executes strategic activities, such as customized clinical-technical application workshops for key customers to support the development of key opinion leaders (KOLs). Market expansion is supported by developing country specific procedure workflows on clinical applications, and managing scientific collaborations with KOLs to generate data for publication, and presentations impacting regional adoption.
The CAM will primarily target hospital operating rooms and ambulatory surgery centers in the Western Region. The hired candidate can live in/near any of the following cities: Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, or San Diego. Overnight travel is expected to be approximately 50%.
Some of the principal duties of the Clinical Applications Manager include:
The position pays a base salary ranging from $125,000 - $150,000, depending on experience. Expenses and benefits are also included. The issuance of company stock shares will also be a part of the comp plan, allowing the successful hire to not be merely an employee, but an owner.
- Develop and apply in-depth knowledge of Surgical Instrumentation
- Develop KOLs through deep clinical-technical engagement with key customers
- Develop region and country specific clinical procedure workflows (guides, videos) and new applications with KOLs in clinical labs to drive product adoption and support market development in target market
- Develop and deliver customized clinical-technical application workshops for key customers in collaboration with marketing
- Enable and manage scientific collaborations with KOLs to generate data for publication, and presentations to drive target country adoption
- Collect voice-of-customer data by applying an analytical approach to understanding the clinical needs and requirement of surgeons and hospitals to identify new opportunities for applications and products
- Educate internal stakeholders in regional sales and marketing through customized clinical-technical applications workshops
- Actively manage beta-site proctors through validation, education and performance assessment
- Coordinate customer labs and travel
- Review and approve clinical procedure marketing and training material for target market under his/her responsibility
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree, a minimum of five (5) years of documented clinical experience in the surgical (OR) arena in either the hospital or Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) setting. Compelling experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Surgical Techs, Nurses, Physicians’ Assistants, and other surgically-oriented clinicians with outstanding verbal, writing, teaching, and mentoring skills are urged to apply.
Proficiency with MS office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, and Salesforce.com is desirable.
Please forward resume, as an attachment, in MS Word- format only to: email@example.com