Director, Business Development
- Position ID #: FED040219DC-MD
- Location: Washington DC/Baltimore MD
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Salary Range: Competitive
- Required Experience: 10 Years
- Commission Range: Bonus
- Other: Benefits
- Required Travel: Occasional
- Relocation: Yes
Industry leader in Managed Care Health/Employee Benefits in the Federal Healthcare space has an opening for a highly-motivated Director of Business Development to strategize and create capture plans for the following: CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), HHS (Health and Human Services), DOD (Department of Defense), and the VA System (Veterans Health Administration). This is an outstanding opportunity to succeed by utilizing your client-serving, industry knowledge, relationship-building and business development abilities.
The Director will develop and influence the account strategy to support growth targets within company. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Develops and executes plans for the pursuit and capture of key opportunities.
• Conducts gate reviews and develops the resulting capture plan.
• Leads the development of win strategies and value propositions to increase probability of win.
• Drives the solution throughout development and the proposal process.
• Conducts competitive assessments.
• Develops teaming strategies.
• Identifies and qualifies teammates and negotiates teaming agreement Statements of Work (SOW).
• Recommends acceptance or rejections of proposals and provides recommendations for improvement.
• Ensures accurate and timely documentation of opportunity-specific information within the company’s business development process.
The position, which is based in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD area, offers a competitive base salary (depending on experience and success), and includes a generous bonus potential. Expenses and benefits are also included.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years of successful Business Development/ Proposal Development experience (documented) in related position within the Federal Agencies’ healthcare market. Prior experience working with, or for, CMS is a highly-preferred requirement. Ideal candidate will reside in either the Washington DC/Northern VA, or Baltimore Metro area. Relocation assistance for the ideal candidate will be offered. The potential of this position being filled on a “remote office” basis is reserved for the most compelling of candidates, provided he/she is willing to perform the necessary travel caused by the candidate’s distance.
A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) is required. However, compelling industry experience and success may permit a waiving of this requirement.
Please forward resumes, as an attachment, in MS Word- format to: email@example.com