Manager, Client Engagement - PBM
- Position ID #: PBM010719NYC
- Location: New York City
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree (Pharmacy) preferred
- Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000
- Required Experience: 5 Years
- Commission Range: N/A
- Other: Benefits, Equity
- Required Travel: 15%
- Relocation: N/A
Rapidly Growing Player in the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) marketplace seeks Client Engagement Manager to manage, direct and execute account management plans and initiatives. This position is responsible for enhance current capabilities and drive new product lines. The position is based in New York City (considersation for remote-based canddiates will be given).
The clients involved include Self-funded Employer Groups (public-sector/government and private-sector), Labor & Union (Health/Welfare Funds), and Health Plans ranging in size from 1,000 – 50,000+ lives.
The compensation plan includes a salary, ranging from $90,000- $120,000, plus benefits and equity.
This position will be ideally filled “in-house” in the Company’s corporate office in NYC. However, for the most-compelling candidate, who does not reside in the NYC Metro area, this role could be worked via a “virtual (home) office”, and therefore, is open to candidates who live in any major metropolitan area.
Some of the expected job functions include:
- Dedicated resource to work directly with clients
- Manages ongoing contract relationships and service delivery for assigned clients
- Work with internal team identify and determine source of technical issues, and act as liaison between external clients and internal departments to resolve these issues
- Builds relationships with pharmacy department and serves as the primary point of contact for overall and day-to-day service delivery.
- Work with internal teams to proactively develop plan design changes and enhanced programs to clients
- Ownership of client issues, focusing on immediate resolutions and longer-term, sustainable solutions
- Success measured through the strength of the relationship and satisfaction of the client – relationships matter
The ideal candidate for this position has five (5) years of documented Account Management success in the Managed Care Industry, (with STRONG preference for the PBM market). Significant experience in client interfacing with Brokers and Consultants is critical to achieving retention/growth success
Confidence: fearless person, that is willing to admit mistakes and make immediate decisions to resolve issues on behalf of the company
- Precision: detail-oriented person, capable of handling multiple, short-term tasks and long-term projects
- Vocal: excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible: comfortable developing cross-functional skills, such as exposure to finance (billing) or analytics (data queries)
- Principled: possesses a strong moral compass – valuing the characteristics of integrity and kindness
A Bachelor's Degree (Pharmacy) is preferred.
Other required skills include:
- Strong experience developing and maintaining effective, collaborative working relationships with clients and internal partners to provide solutions to complex pharmacy benefit decisions
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills – a detailed and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to facilitate effective conversations both internally, and externally with clients
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment with minimal oversight and lots of responsibility
- Competent with systems (CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel.
- High Energy
The entrepreneurial culture of this company demands that the candidate has a strong work ethic, can work independently, and can make decisions autonomously.
Those with “Non-Competes” in the PBM space will be required to explain how this document will be unenforceable.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes in MS Word format to: email@example.com