Financial Analyst - PBM Technology
- Position ID #: PBMFIN030920MKE
- Location: Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI or Remote
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $95,000
- Required Experience: Five Years
- Commission Range: Bonus
- Other: Benefits
- Required Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: Yes
Rapidly Growing Player in the Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) Technology Services marketplace seeks Financial Analyst to discover, define, and deliver tools that provide unprecedented knowledge and actionable decision-making to lower the cost of healthcare This position will work on all aspects of financial product and service delivery including RFP/procurement projects, renewals, market-check analysis, and financial analytics & reporting.
The clients involved include Employer Groups (public-sector/government and private-sector), Labor & Union (Health/Welfare Funds), and Health Plans ranging in size from 1,000 – 5,000,000 lives.
The compensation plan includes a salary, ranging from $75,000- $100,000 (d/o/e), plus bonus and benefits.
The position is based either in the Company’s Corporate Offices, located in Milwaukee, WI, or its Regional Office in Chicago. Relocation expense assistance is available. The client is willing to allow this position to be filled on a remote-basis by a most-compelling candidate.
Some of the job functions include:
• Use proprietary financial analytic tools as well as Excel to dive deeply into client pharmacy spend and underlying drivers of cost
• Manage all financial aspects of the internal RFP/procurement and market-check process for clients which includes creating project timelines and project plans, coordinating PBM data requests, financial evaluation and assessment of PBM RFP responses, working with online procurement tool, and the creation of summary reports, financial analysis and presentations;
• Actively assist and support PBM contract reviews and PBM contract negotiations; including financial modeling and review of language & terms
• Assist with client presentations and reporting, including the evaluation of client utilization, trends and key findings within the pharmacy benefit.
The ideal candidate for this position has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, and/or similar discipline with analytic base at least five years of documented Financial Data Analytics experience in the PBM market, either as a Consultant or as a FTE in a PBM.
• Ability to work with financial models and to develop business logic behind them in excel
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, responding quickly to oversight and following instruction closely, while anticipating the needs and developing efficiencies on repeat tasks
• Quick self-motivated learner who can initiate and drive new projects in anticipation of management and client goals and objectives
• Ability to work in cross-functionality, prioritize, and multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to facilitate effective conversations both internally, and externally with clients
• Superior critical thinking and analytic skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience developing and maintain effective, collaborative working relationships with clients, vendors, and internal partners
• Relevant experience that demonstrates problem-solving, financial acumen, and analytical output
• Incredible work ethic and energy
• Ability to think strategically and proactively
The entrepreneurial culture of this company demands that the candidate has a strong work ethic, who can work independently and can make decisions autonomously.
Qualified candidates should send their resumes in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org